Building your Network Graph
Your Network Graph is where all the connections from your team and company supporters are combined. It’s only visible by the account Owner and Admins. To build it, invite more team members, investors or advisors.
If you’re an early stage company you may not have a large number of employees to utilize the power of network recruiting, but here are some ways to be creative and get the most out of your Network Graph as you start using our network recruiting platform.
Asking your leadership team
Leveraging the network of your founding team is a great way to start building out your Network Graph of potential candidates for the company to hire. Each team member you have entrusted to build your company has almost certainly worked with some amazing people in the past and would vouch to work with them again.
However, when you are asking your founding team it is important for them to know the importance of adding their connections to the Network Graph, as this ties to the success of the company’s goals as a whole. Continue to make sure that they understand the big picture and if you have not already, build an employee referral program that shows you value their contribution whenever someone from their network joins.
More tips and invitation templates
Start with something personal and show your appreciation:
- Ex: “Hey just wanted to let you know that we are so lucky to have you as a part of our team and looking forward to growing this company with you”.
- Ex: “Since you have joined our team, you have created so much value and we want you to know that you are truly appreciated.”
Explain the goals of growing the company and key milestones:
- Ex: “We have recently launched our MVP, raised our initial seed round, now it is time to grow the team and we would value your help”.
- Ex: “We are growing so quickly and we would love your help in growing our small yet mighty team.”
Share with them how they can help and what tools you are using to streamline the process:
- Ex: “We wanted to make the process simple for you and have invited you to join the team on The Swarm to share your LinkedIn network. All you have to do is share your connections to our Network Graph, and as we see exciting candidates, we confirm with you whether you believe they could be a good fit for our team.
Share The Swarm instructions and follow up 1:1/group meetings.
Let’s bring it all together: Personalize as much as you can, keep it casual.
I just wanted to personally let you know that we are so lucky to have you as a part of our team and we look forward to growing this company with you. We have accomplished so much in so little time, launched our product/raised our seed, and now it is time to grow the team (can you believe it). Hiring is a challenge that most early companies have, but we know that with the help of everyone on the team, we can find the right people to make this company continue to keep hitting our future milestones.
We wanted to make the process simple for you and have invited you to join the team on The Swarm to share your LinkedIn network. All you have to do is add your connections, and as we see exciting candidates, we’ll confirm with you whether you believe they could be a good fit for our team.
Your Favorite CEO ever